As we all know in the Report Above, fuel is not getting any less costly. We have all heard the forecasts, projections and prognostications about what will happen with diesel fuel rates. We believe it is pretty obvious that nobody really knows. Consequently, the only true things you can worry about are the things in your control. How does your company control its fleet management factors?
- Have a fuel management system
- Price Insurance Hedging, Keep you’re fueling costs in your budget
- Review all fueling and diesel additives pricing
- Monitor MPG with your fleet Cards or fleet credit card
- Idle Policy saves cash of Diesel and the surroundings
- Fleet Card Program – with Strong controls on each fleet card or fleet credit card services
- Benchmark your fueling costs for all deliveries from fleet businesses price over OPIS, diesel fuel prices
- Educate your drivers about Fueling prices and what they have to do to decrease fleet fuel usage
- Unless your fleet manager, truly understand the fueling business, do not let them handle the fleet management program for fueling, you are placing your fleet manager in a no win place
- Audit all fuel companies Deliveries, fleet credit card, fleet card, mobile fueling for more savings or possible diesel fuel theft to your fleet businesses
Controlling the controllable in your fleet companies is not a one-time fleet management solution. It has to be reviewed, monitored and followed up on. If not, your organization is most likely leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table each month. Need help? Is your company worried about your costs? Is it running a hundred miles an hour in a different direction than you need your fuel management system to go? Are you not certain how or if we can assist you with savings? Your staff has to be able answer any questions you may have with fleet credit card, fleet companies, diesel fuel additives, fleet management alternatives or exactly what’s your fueling costing you. Remember if nobody is seeing your fuel management system or fleet market applications, how anyone can expect savings to happen or even worse over spending on your fleet fueling program.
An owner of a fleet of 56 vehicles reports 600-700 savings in gasoline per week after reducing idling period from 94 hours to 35 hours weekly. This dramatic reduction of vehicles idling time could only be carried out by way of monitoring vehicle usage by means of a GPS fleet management system that suggests idling in real-time as well as supplies history data reports. GPS technology provides fleet managers powerful tools for tracking, controlling and recording idling time.